DTCA as an authority
Dhaka Transport Coordination Authority was established on 02 September 2012 to prepare strategic Transport Plan and provide regular supervision and co-ordination for all possible planning for transportation infrastructure development works within Dhaka city and adjacent districts. DTCA emerged in 1998 (“Dhaka Transport Coordination Board” name was amended in 2001) to meet the requirement of the suggestions of the project DUTP. DTCA jurisdiction covers 7400 Sqkm that includesdistricts of Dhaka, Narayangonj, Munshigonj, Mankgonj, Gazipur and Narsingdi district including Dhaka North City Corporation, Dhaka South City Corporation, Gazipur City Corporation andNarayanganj City Corporation. To manage these areas, DTCA follows its own act named as Dhaka Transport Coordination Authority Act, 2012.
To provide aplanned modernized transportation system for greater Dhaka area.
Ensure safe, reliable, faster and affordable Public Transport by introducing integrated transport planning.
- To ensure interagency cooperation and coordination in transportation sector
- To ensure an integrated and planned transportation system formulation
- To introduce and expand Mass Rapid Transit system
- To improve traffic management
- To improve public transport level of service
- To develop and construct mass transit system as part of an integrated public transport network
- Design, planning and construction of Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) system
- Review and modification of the Government approved Strategic Transport Plan (STP) and to provide advice and guidance for other agencies
- Traffic impact assessment of government or private owned high rise building and any housing project and issue permit for traffic circulation plan
- Plan, coordinate and approve recommended transport projects of other agencies
- Route and network planning to develop an efficient public transport network
- Manage central fare collection and establish and manage clearing house